Sunday, June 29, 2008

We took the plunge

We bought a Baby Kanoe. It really is beautiful--easy to install, easy to move from location to location (providing you have extra ceiling eye-screw things installed), easy to wash...and after reading about all the scary stuff in regular baby cribs this week, I'm extra appreciative of the organic cotton. Our baby bear is nearing 7 months--I wish we'd started sooner. We're adjusting slowly--she is figuring out how to make the Kanoe move by herself--hopefully this will assist in her being able to put herself back to sleep in the middle of the night. We are trying to ease our way away from cosleeping (which I think is great for many families, but I think I'm loosing my sanity due to lack of sleep). Hopefully this will help. If I was to recommend a secondary sleeping situation to a family planning on cosleeping, this would be what I would choose, hands-down. Even for devoted cosleepers, what do you do about day time naps once the baby can roll? This is MUCH much cheaper than an organic baby crib mattress. And infinitely more "storable" for those years between babies. I'll try to keep the blog updated on how Baby Bear is adapting.

No comments: